Tuesday, February 14, 2012

INTRODUCTION--DAILY REFLECTIONS BEGIN ON ASH WEDNESDAY

Welcome to the Journey to the Cross...and beyond.  There will be many invitations extended during this walk.  One of the most important invitations is for all of us to grow in the awareness of the Triune God every step of the way.  As we embark on this journey, may we sense the Divine presence inside of us, in front of us, beside us, behind us, above us and beneath us.  This is a journey with God, self, and neighbor.


The writers of this blog represent various denominations, life experiences, cultures, geographic regions and socioeconomic status.  These devout women offer diverse perspectives, deep faith and love for God and the world.  Thank you for joining us.  There are many wonderful opportunities ahead.


Consider doing the following throughout this daily walk with God:

  •  Use these writings as a daily worship guide.
  • In your journal, answer the following questions of exumen daily:
    •  Encounter:  Where did I meet Christ today?  Where, when and through whom did God speak to me...in pain?...in joy?...in power?...in challenge?
    • Reflection:  What did I feel?  What did I think?  What might God be saying?  How do the Scriptures relate?
    • Transformation:  What theological truth is speaking to me most strongly through today's experiences.  What new life is waiting in me to be born?
    • Action:  What is God calling me into or out of?  How am I being invited into a closer walk with God; a greater openness towards others; a deeper regard for myself; or a more creative, abundant expression of the compassionate Spirit of Jesus?  How will I respond to Christ's call to, "follow me"?  What graces will I need from God in order to respond? 
  • Chronicle how you experience God, what you learn about yourself and what you learn about your neighbor.
  • Explore new and enriching ways to connect with others around you, particularly, members of your family and especially “the stranger.”
Reflections will begin on Ash Wednesday, February 22, 2012.  For a head start on the lectionary scriptures click here.


Peace.


Tiffney






Total Pageviews

Resources

http://lectionary.library.vanderbilt.edu/