Wednesday, February 29, 2012

WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 29, 2012


A Lenten Prayer for the Day

Scripture:  To you, O Lord, I lift up my soul.  Psalm 25:1

Holy God, my worries are not new to you
   You know them quite well –
   even as you know every aspect of my being
   the deep places too tender to name - 
   You know them.
Help me not to fret but to trust –
  to rest
  to cleave
  to receive your goodness.   
This day is my gift; a sign of your love
   tomorrow and all of my tomorrows
   are held in your hands
   no one can pluck them out or take away what have given
   help me to guard them as the treasures they are. 
I will lift up my head
   for you alone are my strength
   you alone are my shield; my protection
   you alone are my guide leading me in the right way
   you are my all and all. 
And I will praise you, yes, I will praise you
   and sing songs of praise
   I will shout and be glad
   I will declare your glory to all I meet
   Thanks be to you Almighty God.

Prayer:  Thanks be to You!

 The Reverend Dr. Cathy Gilliard

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Resources

http://lectionary.library.vanderbilt.edu/