Thursday, May 10, 2012

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Singing A New Tune

Psalm 98
Sometimes it seems as though singing is out of place. Some of our days are dark, and the outlook ahead is full of gloom. However, as Easter People, come what may, our hope is built on nothing less than Jesus' blood and righteous. We need no other argument, we need no other plea.
When I think of the countless things that God has done for me in my life, words sometime escape me. There is nothing I can do that can ever fully demonstrate the abundance of God's love and sacrifice. Jesus saved us from death and gave us life, renewing us day by day and refilling us with the love that this world took away. When I think of the many times God has carried me through trials and hurts, my soul sings, hallelujah! This devotional may sound like a “testimony” or even “preachy”, but I make no apologies.
Prayer:  Jesus I am in love with you.  There is nothing more wonderful than you.  Give me the strength to sing of your graces especially in the face of adversity.  As I sing of your faithfulness, may my melodies of praise draw others unto you.  Amen. 


The Reverend Betty A. Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Resources

http://lectionary.library.vanderbilt.edu/