Thursday, July 26, 2012

Thursday, July 26, 2012

ALL EYES ARE ON YOU 

ScriptureThe eyes of all look to you, and you give them their food in due season.--Psalm 145:15


Listen to "I Look To You", By Whitney Houston.



Invitation:  Now take some deep cleansing breaths.  Slowly inhale.  Slowly exhale.  Slowly inhale all that is of God and exhale all that is not God.  Settle your mind and your spirit.  Be still and quiet and invite an awareness of God's presence.

Now read today's scripture very slowly.  Repeat 5 times.  Each times as you read, slow your pace. 
The eyes of all look to you, 
and you give them their food in due season.
After the 5th time, only read or repeat the words that really resonate with you.  Repeat them over and over.  

Elaborate as you repeat these words; for example,
The eyes of all look to you, 
All of creation gazes upon you, O Lord
We seek you...
I seek you...
I yearn to see your face...
I look to you for my every need
And you meet my every need
You are my everything
The eyes of all look to you...
I look to you...
Once again, make your reading of today's scripture personal.  What comes to mind for you when read this scripture.  Dwell on those thoughts.  Share your thoughts openly with God as you read and reflect on today's passage.  Discover what happens....

Prayer:  "Open my eyes, Lord I want to see you, I want to reach out and touch you and say that I love you..."  You are indeed my everything.  I thank you for supplying my every need.  You are such a faithful and caring God.  I am so thankful.  Amen.

The Reverend Tiffney Marley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Resources

http://lectionary.library.vanderbilt.edu/