Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Tuesday, July 10, 2012


I Will Take It!

ScriptureThe ark of the Lord remained in the house of Obed-Edom the Gittite for three months, and the Lord blessed him and his entire household.  Now King David was told, “The Lord has blessed the household of Obed-Edom and everything he has, because of the ark of God.” So David went to bring up the ark of God from the house of Obed-Edom to the City of David with rejoicing.--2 Samuel 6:11-12

"You don't want it, I'll take it."  My sister and I often engage in this "dance" with one another.  One or the other of us will disregard an article of clothing, and the response for the other sibling is "You don't want it, I'll take it."  This is when things would become interesting.  Weeks, months, sometimes years pass by as I grow attached to the discarded item, only for my sister to see my enthusiasm and the piece of clothing in a new light.  I can hear her now, "Are you wearing my shoes?  Did I give those to you?  Clearly, I wasn't thinking.  I want them back."  These were fighting words...

The plan was for the ark of the Lord to accompany David to Israel; however David's plans changed rather abruptly as a result of Uzzah's untimely death as he reached to prevent the ark from falling.  David's uncertainty yielded blessings for Obed-Edom and his household.  David declined to accommodate the ark (the presence of God). Obed-Edom said, "Yes", and made room for the presence of God. 

Prayer:  Lord, we say yes to you today.  Even when the situation seems uncertain, we trust you.  Pour out your blessings upon us so that others will long for you and embrace your presence completely.  Amen.

 The Reverend Tiffney Marley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Resources

http://lectionary.library.vanderbilt.edu/