Friday, May 18, 2012

Friday, May 18, 2012


Blessed

Scripture:  Psalm 1

Pascal's Wager, an argument posed by philosopher Blaise Pascal, suggests that it is better to wager for the existence of God and discover there is no God than to wager against God's existence and find out that there is a God. While this may be considered rational thinking for some, it baffles me that some only believe in God because they feel they have nothing to lose by doing so. But, they are losing so much! 

God blesses those who walk in God's counsel and study and obey God's Word. They are missing the peace, joy, hope and unconditional love that only comes through a relationship with God. 

I know why I believe. Why do you believe?

Prayer:  Merciful God, What a joy and a pleasure it is to know you! Thank you for blessing my coming and my going. Thank you for planting my feet on solid ground! Thank you for watching over me! Thank you for being God! Amen.

 The Reverend Dr. Regina C. Groff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Resources

http://lectionary.library.vanderbilt.edu/