Thursday, March 15, 2012

THURSDAY, MARCH 15, 2012


Limits with Words

Scripture:  Psalm 19:3-5

A few years ago, I spent two months in Brazil.  During my stint, I lived an entire month with a family who spoke no English. In order to communicate, I had to rely on my one year of training in Portuguese and my dictionary.  I was frustrated. 
As we lived together and learned one another, we discovered that not all forms of communication required words. My Brazilian family knew when I was excited, happy, upset, homesick, and even frustrated.  They quickly learned my likes, dislikes, and odd living habits as I did theirs.

Today's scripture speaks of heaven's declaration of God's glory.  No words are spoken, yet, The Voice goes out all over the world. Words aren’t always necessary. We preach and proclaim Jesus’ life and ministry most effectively by our actions. 

In the New Testament, Jesus’ speeches and teachings were written as background information because he met someone that needed to be healed. Jesus of course made many wise speeches; however he was known for what he did for the vulnerable.

Prayer:  Lord when words are not enough, show us the way to live our lives after your ministry. Allow people to see you through us. Bestow your grace upon us so that when we fall, we are forgiven and corrected.  Amen.

 Emma Akpan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Resources

http://lectionary.library.vanderbilt.edu/