Wednesday, March 14, 2012

WEDNESDAY, MARCH 14, 2012


Listening to the Call

Scripture:  Psalm 19:14



Abide in me, O Lord, and I in Thee,
From this good hour, oh, leave me nevermore;
Then shall the discord cease, the wound be healed,
The lifelong bleeding of the soul be o’er.
I am a big fan of meditation; however, I personally have trouble focusing. If I’m not on my phone, I’m on my computer. Even when I’m on the computer completing a task, my mind is on a million different things. 

Meditation is a time to quiet not only our voices and thoughts, but our spirits and allow God to completely enter in. It is not a passive exercise, it is very active because we have to actively empty our minds and open them completely to God. 

Shhhhh...

Today is a day of silence. As you pray today, look and listen to what God might be revealing to you...

Prayer:  Lord, empty our minds of stresses, distracting thoughts and words, insecurities, pressures and the need to please, in order to concentrate only on your plan for our lives.  Amen.

 Emma Akpan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Resources

http://lectionary.library.vanderbilt.edu/