Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Tuesday, April 24, 2012


A Letter to God

ScripturePsalm 23: 2--He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters...












Dearest God,

Teach your daughter’s the lesson of stillness, through the imposition of a state of solitude and silence forces us to take a strong look at ourselves. Today, I need your help to be still, to listen, to hear, to understand and to rest. For months now I have tried not to deal with the inner me, well you know why! But this day I am making an attempt to be still. I know I did not sign up for extra strength training, but things keep being added to my plate.
Tomorrow is Monday, so we have to do it today. Okay, I’m trying to control things again. I am willing to be still only if your arms are wrapped around. It is scary being vulnerable to others and for weeks now I feel out of sync with you. Sometimes God you have been silent. You do not appear to be moving or answering my prayers. Now you need to tell me whats up with that! 

I am willing to be still today! Take away the need to do something, know something, or be somewhere. Erase away the thoughts, will my job fold, what my finances look like, how do  I led my team out of danger will live to see my daughter and grandchildren doing well and how to stay health and live? Take away my all that makes me fearful, worry, and doubt and push myself to the side. 

Today, Lord, I want the stillness of your presence, love, and peace. I need your Spirit to shower me with your love, which results in perfect peace. I need my soul to be refreshed so that I may move forward tomorrow stronger, and wiser. Today, God I want to be with you.

Yours truly,

Daughters

PrayerLet us learn to still and let your truth speak to us, through us: to be still and know that you are God. Amen.


The Reverend Betty A. Brown


Total Pageviews

Resources

http://lectionary.library.vanderbilt.edu/