Saturday, December 1, 2012

SATURDAY, DECEMBER 1, 2012



A PRAYER FOR HELP

Psalm 25: 1- 10

Today let us meditate on this Psalm. Read it aloud several times until you have a sense of what verse, or phrase, or word, God wants you to focus on. Allow that focus to shape your thoughts and prayers. 

I have been captured by the phrase, “make me to know your ways, O Lord”, v 4a. 
Make me to know your ways, O Lord … as I anticipate this Advent season.
Make me to know your ways, O Lord … as I embark on the many tasks of this season. 
Make me to know your ways, O Lord …  as I interact with family and friends. 
Make me to know your ways, O Lord, …. in all I say and do.
O Lord, make me to know, your ways!

This plea acknowledges our inadequacy,  and reflects the deep desires and thirsting, that symbolize this season of waiting.  Let you heart express fully its longings. Write them out on sticky notes, and post them throughout your place of meditation. Then walk about your holy space reading this affirmation,
            Good and upright is the Lord, therefore he instructs sinners in the way.
                He leads the humble in what is right, and teaches the humble his way.” v 8 &9

Read it aloud , again and again,  until your spirit embraces this hope.
The shepherds were lead by a Star, we wait to see how God will teach us the way. 



PRAYER
“As with gladness men of old, did the guiding star behold;
As with joy they hailed its light, leading onward, beaming bright,
So most gracious Lord may we, evermore be led by Thee.”  William C. Dix

THE REVEREND JOANNE BROWNE JENNINGS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Resources

http://lectionary.library.vanderbilt.edu/