Friday, April 20, 2012

Friday, April 20, 2012

Mommy!

Scripture:  Psalm 4:3 But know that the LORD has set apart the faithful for himself; the LORD hears when I call to him.

My children recently turned 2 years old and are now talking “a mile a minute”.  Often when I am engaged in deep concentration and they want to get my attention, in a repetitive melody, they will sing,  “Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, Mommy!”  Sometimes I am so focused on my work, while I hear them calling out to me, there is a delay before I respond.  In some ways, they seem to mimic my behavior because they continue to cry out to me before realizing that I have actually answered them.  Mommy…Yes, my children…Mommy, Yes, darlings…Mommy, Mommy, Yes, what is it that you need, my nuggets?

I often hear my children the first time when they call.  God also hears us the first time when we call.  We are children of God and he loves us more than anything else.  While we are precious in God’s sight, this does not exempt us pain, distress or loss.  At times our anguish brings us to the point where we are pleading with God.  Like my little babies, we cry, “Oh God, Oh God, Oh God, Oh God!!!”  We question if God hears us, we question if God will respond.  The good news is that the Lord cares about our every need, even the most mundane.  When it comes to his children, God neither sleeps nor slumbers. 

Prayer:  Oh God, give us the ability to hear when you respond to our cries.  Help us to recognize signs of your resurrection in our lives today.  Amen.

 The Reverend Tiffney Marley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Resources

http://lectionary.library.vanderbilt.edu/