Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Tuesday, May 15, 2012


Do You KNOW Him?

Scripture:  Ephesians 1: 15-17

It is one thing to believe in Jesus, it’s another thing to know Him. As a baby Christian, I remember the awareness of Christ and His willingness to redeem me. However, it wasn’t until I formed a relationship with Him and really got to know Him, that I realized the extent of His redeeming power.

When you know Him, your faith is more fervent, praise is more personal, and worship is more meaningful. Your worship no longer has to be formal and your praise is not validated because it is visual. As your relationship with Christ develops, your encounters with Him are less orchestrated and more fluid; less prompted and more impromptu. When we KNOW Christ, we are more interested in serving rather than being served; giving rather than receiving. 

Ask yourself today: Am I simply aware of Him or do I KNOW Him?

Prayer:  Lord, My will is to know you better. It is not enough to simply be aware of you and your works, but I want to experience the fullness of knowing you. Amen.

 The Reverend Dr. Regina C. Groff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Resources

http://lectionary.library.vanderbilt.edu/