Saturday, May 19, 2012

Saturday, May 19, 2012


Jesus Did It!

Scripture:  John 5: 9-13

No one likes to be blamed, tattled on, or to have a finger pointed at them. Children, in particular, will shed tears and/or defiantly deny fault especially if any finger-pointing is accompanied by a resounding, “She did it!” However, there is one person who does not mind when we point the finger and say, “He did it!”  

Like the paralytic in John 5, we exude the joy of our healing when we acknowledge “the man who made [us] well.” When we point the finger at Jesus, it redirects the attention from us to Him, giving Him the glory. The great thing is that Jesus doesn’t mind the attention.  Matter of fact, He loves when we say, “Jesus did it!” 

So, go ahead and point the finger at Jesus who healed, delivered and transformed you.  Jesus did it!  Jesus, who loved you enough to endure the agony of the cross. Jesus did it!  Jesus, whose resurrecting power is your hope for tomorrow. Jesus did it!  When I think of the goodness of Jesus and all that He’s done for me, my soul cries out, “Hallelujah!” Jesus did it!   

Prayer:   Most Gracious God, Thank You. The joy that I feel is because you restored my life and gave me hope for the days to come. There is no doubt in my mind that I am because you are.  My life, you did it.  My family, you did it.  My joy, you did it. Mercy, you did it. Grace, you did it.  Victory, you did it.  For everything that you did so that I might be, I am grateful. I will keep pointing the finger at you all the days of my life so that the world might know you.  In Jesus’ name, Amen. 

 The Reverend Dr. Regina C. Groff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Resources

http://lectionary.library.vanderbilt.edu/