Friday, June 8, 2012

Friday, June 8, 2012


I Know the Lord Will...

Scripture:  The Lord will fulfill His purpose for me; You’re steadfast love, O Lord, endures forever. – Psalm 138:8

I know the Lord will fulfill His purpose for me.

Living Miracle

She had two bouncing,
Boisterous boys,
Which was more than just a few.
But despair became her lot,
When she endured miscarriage one,
And miscarriage two.

Two months into her fifth pregnancy,
The doctor took her hand,
His eyes full of sympathy,
“I’m sorry to inform you, you’ve just experienced
Miscarriage number three.”

For months sadness and sorrow filled her days,
But confusion and complexity as well.
She went to the doctor and said,
“I’ve gotten quite large. Don’t you see, can’t you tell?”

The doctor checked her, just as a formality.
And he heard the small sound of a heartbeat,
Which struck him most surprisingly.
Months later, a miracle was born,
That miracle was me.


I know that the Lord will fulfill his purpose for me.


Prayer:  Creator, you continue to call me forth into life.  Redeemer, when I fail and the work of my hands seem fruitless, you say different.  You have granted me a life-giving purpose.  Thank you for your loving patience and grace as I live into your will.  Amen.

The Reverend Tiffany Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Resources

http://lectionary.library.vanderbilt.edu/