Saturday, June 9, 2012

Saturday, June 9, 2012


Musings on Love and Loneliness

Scripture:  For with the Lord, there is steadfast Love – Psalms 130:7


Before, my loneliness was like a deep gash that was constantly bleeding. Now, it is more like a sweater that I’m wearing on a warm day in early spring. I want to take the sweater off because it’s warm and the heat makes me uncomfortable but I don’t dare remove it because I don’t want to catch a cold. My loneliness keeps me safe from love sickness and heartache. And yet, I want to know and be known. I want to love and be loved.

I miss Love.

I speak to Love from time to time. I tell Her that I miss Her, I invite Her back into my life.

 I believe it is sort of a prayer.
And when love shines forth in my life like the sun on a hot August day, I will shed my sweater of loneliness and dance naked in her light. Until then, I will wait.
Uncomfortable, but safe.
And for that I thank the Lord. Amen.

The Reverend Tiffany Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Resources

http://lectionary.library.vanderbilt.edu/