Friday, March 30, 2012

FRIDAY, MARCH 30, 2012


God Writes

Scripture:  But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the LORD: I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. Jeremiah 31:33

Writing and journaling has become an important practice for me.  Through writing, I express my deepest thoughts, feelings and questions.  I have discovered the gift of writing as a practice of worship.  Every word and every sentence expresses to God where I am honestly.  God understands the power of writing.  God goes beyond paper and ink to the heart of the matter.  God writes on our hearts the reality of salvation through Jesus Christ.  God writes on our hearts and infuses our souls with compassion for others.  God is the master writer of broken hearts, disillusioned hearts and scared hearts.  Through Jesus Christ, God wrote in our hearts a new covenant that has been sealed with the blood of his suffering.  The writing in our hearts done by God will never be erased!

Prayer:  Dear God, bring us comfort today.  Thank you for writing your love in my heart through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

 The Reverend Everdith Landrau

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Resources

http://lectionary.library.vanderbilt.edu/