Wednesday, March 28, 2012

WEDNESDAY, MARCH 28, 2012



Observe

Scripture:  Although he was a son, he learned obedience from what he suffered and, once made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey him and was designated by God to be high priest in the order of Melchizedek. Hebrews 5: 8-10


Lent is an invitation to observe the life of Jesus Christ as it relates to our own journeys of faith. As I journey with my father through a chronic disease, I am learning to be observant.  Perfection in this case is seen in weakness and surrendering to the unknown. I have heard my father say, “Thank you Lord for enabling me to eat today and for letting me walk.”  I have witnessed Jesus journey with my father in times of anguish and I hear the cries of Christ as he moans in excruciating pain.  Without words, I bathe the wounds of his broken body.  As I observe the ins-and-outs of everyday life with Dad, I accept suffering as an incomprehensible aspect of life.  Yet, in observation, I see the transformative aspect of suffering that causes one to be made perfect in weakness.  


Observe Jesus Christ in this passage today.  What can we see and learn from his obedient journey with God and us? Observe how Jesus’ life is intertwined with the lives of those around us. 

Prayer:  Almighty God, today I observe.  Open my eyes through Jesus Christ my Lord. Amen.

 The Reverend Everdith Landrau

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Resources

http://lectionary.library.vanderbilt.edu/