Saturday, March 31, 2012

SATURDAY, MARCH 31, 2012


Saturated with the Word

Scripture:  How can a young man keep his way pure? By living according to your word. I seek you with all my heart; do not let me stray from your commands. I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you. Psalm 119:9-11


All of our cultures share love for the kitchen.  God’s diversity is showcased in all of our distinct cuisines.  In the Puerto Rican kitchen each spice: cilantro, garlic, onions and others are mixed together for the perfect flavor.  The seasoning process is not done in haste, but like my 'abuelita' taught me (grandmother), "it takes time to prepare the meat with delicacy".
 
The word of God assumes this process in an even more profound way.  As we journey through the scriptures, God's truth marinates in our spirits like well-seasoned meat.  When we encounter the storms of life, we must listen for that still small parental voice within us.  Sometimes we feel alone and it is difficult to know if God is speaking to us as we navigate the complex realities of our lives.  May we find assurance in the inspired word of God.  May God's words become treasure within us that shines brighter than the mid-day sun!  No storm and no disappointment will be able to take it away because we are the treasure!

Prayer:  Dear God, may your word dwell in my heart richly and may it safe guard me throughout this day.  Amen.

 The Reverend Everdith Landrau

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Resources

http://lectionary.library.vanderbilt.edu/