Friday, July 6, 2012

Friday, July 6, 2012

Eye Appointment

Scripture:  Psalm 123

I recently visited my optometrist for annual eye examination.  During the consultation, the doctor explained that my eyes were relatively healthy other than age appropriate vision changes which could be corrected with prescription glasses.  

As I departed the doctor's office, an overwhelming surge of gratitude blossomed in my heart because when I looked around, I could see the Lord’s goodness. 

Invitation:

Reflect on you your life.  Where can you see the hand of God at work in your life.  What tangible impressions has God left on your reality as you have journeyed with him?  As you give thanks to God, invite God to show you something new about him, yourself, your neighbor or your surroundings.  Worship in amazement as you see new things!

Prayer:  Lord, I thank you for clarity and I thank you for the vision you have given me to stay focused on you and to see the beauty of Your holiness. You are an awesome God and I give you all the praise and honor because you are so worthy to be praised. Amen.


The Reverend Antoinette Daye

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Resources

http://lectionary.library.vanderbilt.edu/