Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Tuesday, July 3, 2012


Celebrating Another Birthday

Scripture:  2 Samuel  5:10

Birthdays are milestones which chronicle our personal journeys from birth to the present.  Birthdays are often joyous occasions marked with celebration. As I approach a significant birthday this year, I am anticipating the birthday wishes, cards, telephone calls, emails and I dare not forget the birthday cake. What kind of cake will it be, will all of the candles fit?  Each year, the addition of each candle symbolizes another year of blessings to count.  The light of the candles remind me of God's goodness and how I have grown in his love during the previous year. 

Every birthday gives me more reason to sing this song, “I know where my help comes from”.  This song speaks volumes to me as I anticipate the uncertainties of growing older in the coming years. The melodious tune soothes my fears and comforts me because “I know he watches over me” Halleluiah! Thank you, Jesus for giving me new life and “I will forever give you the praise”. 

Prayer:  Lord, help me to remember that growing older is a blessing from you and a reminder of your grace and mercy.  I thank you for every year that you allow me to serve you.  May my life give glory back to you, now and forever.  Amen.


The Reverend Antoinette Daye

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Resources

http://lectionary.library.vanderbilt.edu/